Main & Henry – Extended-Stay Residences Rental Agreement
Rental Agreement for Reservations:
By agreeing to the following terms and conditions, the individual renter (the “Guest”) is entering into a rental agreement (the “Agreement”) with renter, North Main, LLC, a Virginia limited liability company (hereinafter referred to as “Main & Henry”). In consideration of the mutual promises contained herein, both parties agree that Main & Henry shall grant to Guest a non-transferable and revocable rental (the “Rental”) to use the real property for the duration of time as is set forth in the rental contract executed between the parties subject to the Terms and Conditions herein set forth (the “Contract”).
Contract: Online reservations constitute the valid and binding Contract subject to the terms and conditions herein set forth. For phone reservations, terms and conditions are those set forth on the Main & Henry website. Upon booking, you are deemed to have agreed to all terms and conditions.
Violation of Rental Agreement:
Upon violation of the following terms and conditions, specifically any occupancy limits, substantiated parking, noise and trash complaints in violation of the Good Neighbor Policy (hereinafter defined), the rental is subject to immediate revocation, and Guest is subject to immediate removal from the Property, a minimum $500 fine and cleaning fees. Additionally, Guest acknowledges that they may be subject to consequential damages as a result of their violation, including, without limitation, damages associated with Main & Henry’s inability to conduct rentals of the Property due to any permit revocation or suspension that may result from Guest’s use thereof.
It is important to understand our cancellation policies before making your reservation.
A 25% deposit is made on all Reservations. The deposit applies toward the total cost of the reservation. Deposit will be applied to last payment due on monthly reservations.
Guests may cancel within 24 hours of the reservation without loss of deposit, with the exception of reservations made seven (7) days or less before the date of arrival.
A Reservation is any reservation for short-term, daily and monthly stays totaling < 6 months. Multiple-months reservations: Advance payment required is only for any upcoming month, 30 days prior to begin of the following month. Hence, a 3 month reservation requires never more than 1-month’s payment at any given time.
Reservations Early Cancellation:
Early Cancellation is any cancellation made 30 days or more prior to the date of arrival. Cancellation must be made in writing, either email or postmarked 30 prior to date of arrival. Early Cancellations qualify for a full refund of the original deposit.
Reservations Late Cancellation:
Cancellations within 29-15 days of arrival will result in a forfeit of the deposit (25% of total cost).
Cancellations or changes to reservations within 14-8 days of arrival will result in a charge of 50% of the rate for the canceled/forfeited days.
Cancellations or changes to reservations within 7 days prior to the date of arrival will result in loss of 100% of the reservation total. We will do our best to book another party, and if successful, we can offer partial refunds minus an administrative fee.
Last Minute Reservations:
A Last-Minute Reservation is any reservation made within 7 days of the arrival date. Any cancellations or changes for a Last Minute Reservation, including those made within 24 hours of booking your reservation, will result in loss of 100% of the reservation total. See Monthly Reservation for last minute reservation policy.
A Long-Term Reservation is any reservation for 6 months or more. A Contract will be sent and terms will be established in said Contract.
Payments / Taxes:
Tax is not applicable for stays of 91 or more consecutive days in the same unit. For reservations less than 91 consecutive days there is a 12.3% tax (7% town tax, 5.3% state tax). The minimum stay at Main & Henry is three days.
Daily Reservation (7-30 days):
Upon request of a short term reservation, a 25% deposit will be made to secure the rental unit and will be applied to the total cost of your reservation. The balance will be billed in full to your credit card seven days prior to your arrival. Last Minute Reservations: Any reservation made within seven days of your arrival will be billed for 100% of your stay and will not be subject to cancellation refunds.
Monthly Reservation (31+ days):
Upon request of a monthly reservation, a 25% deposit of total cost of reservation will be made to secure the rental unit and will be applied to the last payment of your reservation. Monthly reservations will be billed in 30 day blocks. The first 30 days of your rent will be billed in full to your credit card seven days prior to your arrival. Subsequent rental blocks, or partial blocks, will be billed to your credit card in full on the first day of the new billing cycle (i.e. Day 31, Day 61, etc). Last Minute Reservations: Any reservation made within seven days of your arrival will be billed for 25% of total cost of reservation plus one month and will not be subject to cancellation refunds.
Corporate accounts may be permitted to pay by check. Checks should be mailed to P.O. Box 324, Blacksburg, VA 24063 and will be considered late if they are not RECEIVED within five (5) days of the billing cycle date. A $35 returned check fee will be assessed for any returned checks. If payment is not received with five (5) of the billing cycle date, it will be considered late and a $75 late fee will be assessed. If credit card on file is declined guests will be required to make a payment by another credit card, money order, or cashier’s check.
Terms and Conditions for Rental
1.**Unless stated otherwise, check in will occur no sooner than 3pm on the date of arrival and check out will occur no later than 11am on the date of departure.
2. Pets prohibited: Domestic or commercial animals are not allowed on the premises at any time. Any sign of a pet onsite associated with the Guest’s group will be cause for immediate eviction and forfeiture of all rental fees. Additional cleaning fees starting at $500 may also be assessed.
3. Smoking: Guests may only smoke outside all buildings on the Property. Violators of this policy are subject to a minimum $500 cleaning fee and any cost associated with removing smoke from property in addition. Additionally, it is paramount that all our properties remain smoke butt free and upon check-out must be found free of any smoke butts. If butts are found, please report to Main & Henry office at 540 553-1000.
4. Occupancy: The Maximum Occupancy of all properties may not be exceeded in the area of persons or vehicles at any time. Maximum numbers of guests are 4 for the 1br-unit and 6 guests for the 2br-unit. Vehicles allowed are 1 / bedroom and must be parked in assigned space(s) that coincide with the unit #. Guest agrees to have additional cleaning fees for an occupancy violation to be charged to the credit card submitted upon booking.
5. Payment: Balances are due in full within seven days of check-in. Guest agrees to have all balances owing after the due date placed on the credit card used for the deposit.
6. Cancellation Policy: Cancellation Policy is as set forth hereinabove.
7. Transfer: Rentals are non-transferable to another party without the express, written permission of Main & Henry.
8. Behavior/Damage: Guests may not permit any acts on the Property that violate any state law, Good Neighbor Policy, or other rules that may be established by Main & Henry from time to time. Guests may not destroy damage, deface, or remove any contents or permit any person to do so. Guests are liable for all damages to furnishings and the Property. Guests must report any damage found at Property so that Main & Henry can hold the correct party responsible. Guest agrees to have all fees for damage to be charged to the credit card submitted upon booking. If Guest is unwilling or unable to pay for damage caused by their group within 60 days from the departure date, they will be responsible for the cost of repair in addition to the cost of all legal, attorney and administrative fees incurred by Main & Henry required to collect the balance owed.
9. Noise: Please respect the rights of the neighbors by restricting sound and noise to a reasonable volume.
10. Disclaimer: Main & Henry assumes no liability for damages, expenses or inconveniences due to loss of services out of its control and Guest waives any such claims.
11. Termination: Guests shall use the premises only as a dwelling. Violation of terms of this Agreement is grounds for immediate revocation of this Rental and removal from the Property.
12. Loss: Upon departure, inventory of all furnishings, appliances dishes etc. will be taken. Any missing or broken items may be charged to the Guest`s credit card.
13. RV/Boats: Trailers, Campers, RV`s, Tents or Boats are not allowed on the Property.
14. Refunds: There will be no refunds for early departures, for breakdowns of air conditioner, heater, appliances, etc., if said breakdown is due to weather and/or other conditions over which property owner (the “Owner”) and Main & Henry have no control. All signatories to this Agreement as Guests are jointly and severally responsible for the faithful performance of this Agreement. All payments made shall be applied to any outstanding balances of any kind due under this Agreement at Main & Henry’s discretion. All late charges, interest, NSF, or bank fees, and any monies due under this Agreement are hereby defined as, intended and considered to be additional rent.
15. Doors Locked: Doors and windows must be kept locked when the Property is not occupied.
16. Keys: Properties have key-less entry locks. The access code will be emailed to you after the final payment is processed 24 hours prior to arrival.
17. Legal: In the event Main & Henry must bring action to enforce any provision of this Agreement, Main & Henry shall be entitled to costs and fines plus attorney’s fees.
18. Privacy: All credit card information is kept confidential and encrypted to prevent unauthorized charges.
19. Good Neighbor Policy: Main & Henry properties are located in mixed-use neighborhoods that include both short-term guests and year-round residents. We want you to enjoy your stay at Main & Henry, but not at the expense of the neighbors, so please be considerate of the neighbors with your noise and activities. Guest acknowledges and agrees that it will abide by all state and local laws and ordinances applicable to the Property, including, without limitation, ordinances regarding noise, trash, parking and pets.
20. Children: The properties we manage are not child proof and require children to be supervised by an adult at all times. Amenities such as furniture with sharp edges, cleaning products, and other examples known and unknown pose safety issues for unsupervised children.
21. Lost and Found Policy: Main & Henry and/or Owner are not responsible for personal property left behind, stolen, or damaged during your Main & Henry. Every attempt will be made to locate lost items, but there is no guarantee that they will be found. Upon check-out PLEASE make sure and take all of your belongings and check the Property carefully. If you find that you have left something behind, please call our office at 540 553-1000 or email us and we will attempt to locate the items. There is a $25 minimum plus shipping charge on all returned items. Items are held for 30 days and then are donated to charity.
22. Unavailability Provision: This Property may become unavailable due to circumstances outside of our control. Examples include but are not limited to: destruction or severe damage due to weather. In such event we will do our best to make alternative arrangements for you where possible. If we cannot, or if the alternative arrangements are not acceptable to you, then we will refund all the monies paid. This will be the full extent of Main & Henry’s liability to you in such circumstances, and we will not be responsible for any other costs connected with any such cancellation, howsoever arising.
23. Travel Insurance: Travel/Rental Insurance reimburses for pre-paid, non-refundable expenses due to certain unforeseeable circumstances that may jeopardize your travel and force you to incur unplanned expenses. We strongly recommend you purchase this valuable protection.
24. Right of Entry: Main & Henry reserves the right to enter property at any time to investigate disturbances, check occupancy, and for basic cleaning/linen service. Management will make every effort to notify guest of need to enter the premises. For basic cleaning and linen service dates and general times will be agreed upon in advance.
25. Linen/Towel Service: For multi-weekly reservations Main & Henry will provide fresh towels & linens once per each week reserved, but for less than 10 days no linen/towel service provided. For monthly reservations Main & Henry will provide fresh towels & linens once per month. Included in weekly/monthly service is vacuuming of the bedrooms. Guest will be responsible for all other cleaning. If you wish to have full cleaning service or additional linen/towel services please see our “additional services” offered at an additional charge. Please request these at the time of booking.
26. Confirmation: An email confirmation will be send to all guests to confirm booking.
27. Minimum Age Requirement: You must be of “legal and responsible age” to rent our rooms. We will not rent to anyone under 18 years old. (Of course, teenagers & children are welcome with adult supervision).
28. Choice of Law: The laws of the state of Virginia shall govern the validity of this Agreement, the construction of its terms and the interpretation of the rights and duties hereto.
29. Attorney’s Fees: If Owner employs an attorney to enforce the terms and conditions of this Agreement; Guest shall be responsible for all costs and reasonable attorney’s fees as incurred by the Owner whether or not suit is filed.
1. Main & Henry acts only as an intermediary for the Owners providing accommodations and services to Guest. Under no circumstances shall Main & Henry, managing agents, owners of rental, and/or their respective employees be responsible for any loss, expense, damages, claims or injury direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise whatsoever, caused or incurred whether arising in contract, or otherwise in law or equity as a result of rendering of the services or accommodations as described in this Agreement or as a result of any delay(s), substitution(s), rescheduling(s) or change(s) in the services or accommodations arranged by Main & Henry Additionally, Main & Henry, managing agents, rental owners, and/or their respective employees shall not be responsible for any loss, expense, damages, claims or injury direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise caused by reason of military actions, acts of God, or by any agents, employees, subcontractors, servants or services as provided or substituted. Main & Henry at all times will act in good faith and use its best efforts when required under this Agreement to substitute with accommodations or services of a type comparable to those contracted. Main & Henry reserves the right to refuse or discontinue service to any person(s) and/or to rescind any contract for accommodations or Guest services and Main & Henry will not be liable under any circumstances, including substitutions, to refund any unused portion of booked accommodations or services. Main & Henry, managing agents, rental owners, and/or their respective employees are not responsible for theft or damage of personal property and no refunds will be given for any such occurrences. Guest and all occupants have been advised not to leave personal articles in locked vehicles, even if in the trunk; to always lock their vehicle; to always secure the rental.
Guest acknowledges that, if all rental monies have been paid, the maximum recourse the Guest has against Main & Henry for any alleged breach of this Agreement is the amount of the rental paid or to be paid to Main & Henry arising out of this Agreement and hereby waive all additional claims it may have.
2. Every effort has been made to assure that the information in the Contract is correct. Main & Henry cannot be held responsible for changes made by Owners to the Property or advertising errors. Taste, style, and quality vary. Main & Henry makes every effort to relay home information via pictures, descriptions, relative pricing and website.
Graduation Weekend 2019
Please contact us at the beginning of April!